- Note 2-3 user insights that you learned from digital prototyping
- Use your learnings from prototyping and critique to iterate on your designers, creating a new version of your digital prototype.
- Group 2 should be prepared to present
- Everyone should bring in a new prototype to test
- Create a visual design for your app based on critique and prototyping
- Post 2-3 learnings from paper prototyping
- Create a digital prototype for testing
- Group 1 should be prepared to present. Feel free and present directly from your digital prototype
Lecture from today: App Economics Parsons 2018
- Note 2-3 user insights that you learned from paper prototyping
- Use your learnings from prototyping and critique to iterate on your wireframes, creating a new version of your app map and detailed wireframes.
- Group 2 should be prepared to present
- Everyone should bring in a new paper prototype to test
- Review the syllabus to understand class expectations and what we’re doing this semester.
Create a blog post with:
- 3 things you didn’t know from the Apple HIG or the Material Design Guidelines
- A selfie and a short bio
- An app map and detailed wire frames: Using you sketches from class, create an app map and wireframe for your app. You may use hand drawn or create digital wireframes. Group 1 will present. Each person will have about 10 minutes to present and get feedback.
- Both groups should create paper prototypes to test next week: print your detailed wireframes at phone size to test. Digital prototypes are NOT to be used.
From class today:
- Mobile Media 101 2018
- Omnigraffle App Map Demo
- Tips for getting wireframes out of Omnigraffle 6 (Omnigraffle 7’s export is slightly different, make sure to change paging to “multi-page”)
Class protocol things:
- Register for the blog and make your blog username your real name (first or first + last name)
- Start posting #thursdayapps. You need to post at least one before midterm, and one between midterm and the end of the semester.
- You can put everything from each week into one blog post
- Your work only counts if it’s on the blog.
- Iterate on both your app and add on based on feedback and user testing. You’ll present both to outside critics for your final presentation.
- Post any and all of your assignments on the blog that you have not yet. Everything should be posted before class starts. As always, if it’s not on the blog, you don’t get credit.
- Choose your own add on. Create an AppleTV, Apple Watch, iMessage, or Voice design for your app. Both groups 1 & 2 will present next week.
- Double check that all of your work is on the blog. If it’s not on the blog, you don’t get credit. For your group work, you can post it under one person, just make sure both people are mentioned.
- You need to have at least 2 total #thursdayplays/#thursdayapps posts
- Take your learnings from critique and paper prototyping and create a design and digital prototype for your app
- When you post your design, to mention 3 User Insights learned from paper prototyping to get credit for your paper prototype
- Everyone will have time for prototyping
Iterate on your app map and wireframes based on your prototyping and critique. Group 2 will present their wireframes.
Iterate on your paper prototype or create a digital prototype based on your wireframes. Both groups will have time to test their prototypes.
- Work with your partner to prepare wireframes and paper prototypes for your app
- As a reminder, you Project 3 app can be either a phone or a tablet app on any topic.
- Group 1 will present their wireframes
- Groups 1 and 2 will have time to do paper prototyping
Here’s the overall plan for Project 3:
Project 3 Wireframes 1- Group 1
Project 3 Wireframes 1- Group 2
Project 3 Designs- Groups 1 & 2
Choose your own add on- Groups 1 & 2- AppleTV, Apple Watch, iMessage, or Voice
Project 3 final presentation with guest crits
- Take your learnings from paper prototyping and critique and create a design for your AppleTV app.
- Show your designs at scale on the TV. Feel free and use Marvel if you’d like, or just do a flat design.
- Post 2-3 user insights from paper prototyping when you post your designs on the blog.
Midterms will be coming this week. Contact me with any questions.