- Iterate on both your app and add on based on feedback and user testing. You’ll present both to outside critics for your final presentation.
- Post any and all of your assignments on the blog that you have not yet. Everything should be posted before class starts. As always, if it’s not on the blog, you don’t get credit.
- Choose your own add on. Create an AppleTV, Apple Watch, iMessage, or Voice design for your app. Both groups 1 & 2 will present next week.
- Double check that all of your work is on the blog. If it’s not on the blog, you don’t get credit. For your group work, you can post it under one person, just make sure both people are mentioned.
- You need to have at least 2 total #thursdayplays/#thursdayapps posts
- Take your learnings from critique and paper prototyping and create a design and digital prototype for your app
- When you post your design, to mention 3 User Insights learned from paper prototyping to get credit for your paper prototype
- Everyone will have time for prototyping
Iterate on your app map and wireframes based on your prototyping and critique. Group 2 will present their wireframes.
Iterate on your paper prototype or create a digital prototype based on your wireframes. Both groups will have time to test their prototypes.
Small Planet has a Sketch Plugin doc ongoing, you can sign up for access via the Small Planet Soapbox.
- Work with your partner to prepare wireframes and paper prototypes for your app
- As a reminder, you Project 3 app can be either a phone or a tablet app on any topic.
- Group 1 will present their wireframes
- Groups 1 and 2 will have time to do paper prototyping
Here’s the overall plan for Project 3:
Project 3 Wireframes 1- Group 1
Project 3 Wireframes 1- Group 2
Project 3 Designs- Groups 1 & 2
Choose your own add on- Groups 1 & 2- AppleTV, Apple Watch, iMessage, or Voice
Project 3 final presentation with guest crits
- Take your learnings from paper prototyping and critique and create a design for your AppleTV app.
- Show your designs at scale on the TV. Feel free and use Marvel if you’d like, or just do a flat design.
- Post 2-3 user insights from paper prototyping when you post your designs on the blog.
Midterms will be coming this week. Contact me with any questions.
Next week, March 23, is Spring Break!
For March 30:
- Iterate on your Apple TV app wireframes
- We will create paper prototypes in class based on your wireframes. No need to do these ahead of time!
For next week:
For project 2, you’ll be adapting your project 1 concept for the AppleTV. Everyone will present wireframes of their AppleTV app.
AppleTV Parsons 2017 Lecture
I will base your midterm grades off of the work for project 1, and work only counts if it’s on the blog.
If you’d like to dive deeper into coding and creating apps from Apple’s perspective, they are offering scholarships for attending WWDC this summer. Learn more.