This is the wireframe of the TV OS.
Three things I learnt from user testing:
- Users do not expect the exactly same functions as the mobile app.
- Users want to see more image on TV, instead of text.
- Visual hierarchy of TV is a really important aspect.
We did the AEIOU research and then based on that we come up with the first draft of wireframes.
TRun on Apple Watch can track the user’s daily walking step and turn it into points that can be used in the store on iPhone, encouraging the user to go back to the phone app.
We are designing an app for Central Park which have the tour packages that can help people to explore the Central Park in different routes. For the app on iPhone, the three main pages are tour package page, explore page, and map page. On the other hand, for the apple watch add on, we focus on the function of navigation.
- Choice on tour packages
- Customize your own route
- Introductions of the place
- Central park map
- Explore new place
Three things we have changed:
- In apple watch, we put a DONE button instead of push over.
- In apple watch, when start navigation, we show the place “Central Park Reservoir”.
- In iphone, we fix minor graphic design and layout.
Mend is an app targeting those who need help to recover from a breakup. It is creating an experience that feeling like a friend helping you through your breakup.
- It features a conversational interface which can guide users through the Mending journey
- The app offers an everyday audio guide to help the user get through.
- Each day the user can get a task to do in the app such as writing. The app also asks the user to check in their emotional situation every day.
- The app tracks the data like days since breakup and days since last EX contact.
- The user can find much relevant advice and many stories as well.
- The look and feel is very calming!
What3words is an ingenious map co-ordinate app for the iPhone that could put an end to post code. It divides the globe’s surface into almost 57 trillion 3x3m squares, and gives each one an easily memorable co-ordinate made up of three common words. It is supposedly more accurate than postcode.
In this final presentation, we redesign the icons and the tour packages graphics to make our app more attractive and clear.
For the flow in iPhone, the most thing we have changed is make the hierarchy clear in the tour package. Clearly states the distance and time people would have spend in each tour.
Also, We get rid off the function of bike riding. We replaced it to the function of exploring the central park by categories. And what’s more, we have the function of map which can show where you are, and what are the things nearby.
For the flow in Apple Watch, we get rid of the order number of the graphics and add the next stop under the bottom of the map. Also, we made the navigation bar clearer in words.
Digital Prototype on iPhone: https://marvelapp.com/45jb5hi/screen/28042385
Digital Prototype on AppleWatch: https://marvelapp.com/1i452eh/screen/28042730
What we have learnt in the final presentation:
- Is that possible to save the plan already done?
- cannot do back and forth (push over)
- add audio